The A-Z of the ADA
Not sure what the Americans with Disabilities Act is and how to manage accommodations?
Our infographic can help with that!
The A-Z of the ADA infographic answers your questions about ADA accommodations, including:
What's the difference between the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA)?
- The ADA prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities. The ADAAA expands the definition of "disability" under the ADA.
How many individuals have a disability?
- Approximately 20,481,800 individuals aged 18-64 report having a disability.
What's the cost of not providing accommodations?
- In 2018, ADA charges filed with the EEOC resulted in $136.5 million in monetary benefits.
What were some common ADA charges?
- The top three ADA charges filed with the EEOC in 2018 were related to the conditions "other disability," "regarded as disabled" and "anxiety disorder."
How much does it cost to provide accommodations?
- Employers report that 41% of accommodations cost on average $500 and 59% cost absolutely nothing!
What are some common types of accommodations?
- The most common types of accommodations include leave, modified schedule, modified duty and many others! Download the full version of our infographic to find out what they are!
For the full infographic, click on the button to download or click here.