Emmis Communications is an American media company founded in 1980 and headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. They started off in radio and have a history in TV, publishing and mobile operations. With an employee population spanning across multiple states, meaning multiple leave law jurisdictions, Emmis leverages technology to make their leave management easy.
Two main goals for Emmis when it comes to leave management are:
- Ensuring they give their employees the right amount of leave while remaining compliant with federal laws like the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as well as state leave laws.
- Gaining more insight into their leave trends, to see where the most leaves are occurring.
Emmis has been using Presagia since 2014 and they’ve been overjoyed with their decision ever since! Presagia Leave has helped with both of Emmis’ leave management goals, and more! Having a leave solution with comprehensive automation and continuously updated leave rules has enabled Jan Proctor, Payroll Specialist, to stay on top of leave management, along with her other responsibilities, even as Emmis has made changes to their company structure and downsized.
“As our company has downsized, we’ve gone from two leave case managers to one in the past few years. That puts a lot of pressure on me to ensure that our employees who work in other states get the right amount of leave.”
- Jan Proctor, Payroll Specialist
In our latest success story about Emmis, we dive into reporting to look at their leave trends. One particularly interesting area for us was looking at leave usage trends over the years, which we’ve displayed in the chart below.
This is just the tip of the iceberg! Learn more about Emmis’ evolution in our new success story, Emmis Communications Maintains Leave Compliance With Presagia.
Download it for free and discover:
- How one leave case manager does it all
- Reports they used to learn which stations have lost the most time
- Their three most common types of leaves from 2014-2019
Founded in 1987, Presagia has a long history of helping organizations solve complex business problems with easy-to-use solutions. Today, this means providing cloud-based absence management solutions that enable organizations to be more efficient, control lost time and risk, and strengthen compliance with federal, state and local leave and accommodation laws.