Pregnancy & Parental Leave in America
Not sure how to manage pregnancy and parental leave?
Our infographic can help with that!
The Pregnancy & Parental Leave in America infographic answers your questions about this tricky topic, including:
What's the most common birth day and month?
- The most common birth day is Tuesday and the most common birth month is August.
How much leave do new moms take?
- Around 50% of new moms take less than 2 months of pregnancy disability or bonding leave.
When do new moms return to work after giving birth?
- Around 23% of new moms return to work within two weeks of giving birth.
What were some common charges filed in relation to pregnancy and parental leave?
- In 2017, the majority of charges filed with the EEOC included allegations of discharge based on pregnancy.
Do a lot of fathers take leave for their new child?
- 7 in 10 fathers took less than 2 weeks off following the birth or adoption of their child.
Which states provide pregnancy & bonding leave?
- California, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island provide paid pregnancy disability & bonding leave.
For the full infographic, click on the button to download or click here.